Phoenix Mold Removal, Mold Remediation and Basement Waterproofing –
Mold belongs to a family of fungi with over 100,000 species. With a little bit of water or moisture, the growth will attach itself to and consume nearly anything organic. Included are plant products such as wood, paper, drywall, furniture, clothes, flowers; and animal products such as leather, bone, hides, meat, and pet feces. Mold, especially in the heat of Phoenix, tends to avoid concrete, plastics, resins, glass, and ceramic tile – unless there is an abundance of dust cover and moist conditions. Mold’s bi-product is a gas that emits a foul smell. Some molds release gas that has proven to be toxic for humans to breathe.
Mold is nearly everywhere, yet it remains unseen to the naked eye until it gathers in colonies. Its growth rate under optimum conditions is fast and exponential. Visible mold easily represents over one million spores per square inch. Disturbing mold, even slightly, can send tens of thousands of spores into the air. Often, they will colonize and infect other areas after such migrations. This is why mold removal and remediation is done under such strict containment.
Mold Remediation Phoenix – What Should You Do?
The clean-up process is called mold remediation. With a moldicide-soaked cloth, wipe down all areas within containment. While retaining a negative air environment in Phoenix, remove the plastic walls by infolding them and disposing. Wipe the surrounding area with the cloth. All cloth returning to containment should be thoroughly machine washed or professionally cleaned. Having basement ducts cleaned is also highly recommended.
Mold Remediation and Restoration
Mold can appear in one's home for a variety of reasons. It could be the result of a catastrophe such as a flood, hurricane, or typhoon. It could also result from broken plumbing pipes or simply because of a high humidity and moist region in one's home. Bathrooms and basements tend to be damp spaces where mold shows up.
Whatever the cause and scale of the problem, the homeowner must get rid of it. Health problems including breathing difficulties, infectious skin lesions and allergic reactions may begin to affect the inhabitants of a home infested with mold and mildew.
Four main steps must be taken if this appears to be a problem in your abode.
If you have a mold problem that seems fairly extensive, it would be a good idea to have the premises inspected by a professional who specializes in these issues. A professional will know the most optimum methods for eradication and removal. Don't take a chance with the health of your family and the investment value of your home.
Mold Removal- 13 Things you May Not Know about Mold
Mold: it's everyone's worst enemy. So what should you do when you discover that you have a problem in your home?
Most people tend to think that you can take care of the problem yourself. With so many mold removal "How To" articles on the internet, if you're brave enough, you might just go for it. Unfortunately, most people do not have access to proper protection gear or even proper removal disinfectants. Well what about bleach? Unfortunately, the notion that bleach kills fungus is false. Bleach merely "bleaches" the color out while the roots remain intact and continue to grow. Furthermore, you need to do more than just kill it, you have to remove it.
To remove mold, a series of steps must be taken with great safety. From properly removing the fungus and the affected surface to proper disposal (even dead fungus gives off volatile organic compounds and is a potential allergen). For example, a common misconception that consumers come across is that you can effectively remove mold from your bathroom tile. Again, most so called mold killers commonly available on the market are made of bleach. Truly, the only way to remove the fungus from your shower stall is to completely remove the grout and re-grout the tile with a new application.
If you have a small mold problem, then perhaps removing it yourself is the best choice for you. If you do decide to remove mold by yourself, be sure to wear a proper respirator or mask especially made for mold spore protection, as well as eye protection and industrial rubber gloves. Also, keep in mind that the clothing you are wearing will need to be washed immediately after your procedure. If, however, you have a sprawling mold problem, like black mold growing around all of your windows, as well as in your bathrooms, it would be wise to contact a mold removal company. Mold is not only unsightly; it poses health risks as well such as severe headaches, fatigue, sinusitis and asthma to name a few. Taking care of your mold problem today will lead to a happier and healthier tomorrow.